PRP Vampire Facial
PRP (Vampire) Facial
in Boca Raton, Florida
Platelet-rich plasma, also known as PRP, is an innovative, effective, and safe form of regenerative therapy that can rejuvenate your skin. PRP facials are a minimally-invasive, non-surgical treatment that uses platelets in your own blood, as well as micro-needling, to revitalize your skin. PRP facials improve skin texture, tone, and elasticity, as well as erase wrinkles and scarring.
PRP Facials Can Help With:
- Dark circles under the eyes
- Forehead smile lines
- Areas with deeper, more severe wrinkles
- Skin issues around the neck
- Décolleté problems
- Obvious age marks on the backs of the hands
- Stretch marks
- Acne scars and pitting
What is a PRP Facial?
There are two types of PRP facials: injection PRP facials and topical PRP facials combined with micro-needling.
- With the injection facial, PRP from your own blood is injected into your skin and rejuvenates it from the inside out.
- With the topical facial, micro-needling is used to produce minor trauma in spots of the skin. Through this process, your skin naturally heals the treated areas, and topically-applied PRP promotes the healing process for further rejuvenation.
How Does It Work?
One percent of human blood consists of platelets and plasma, while the rest consists of red blood cells and white blood cells. The extraction of PRP is painless, easy, and can be conducted in a single office visit at NuWays MD. Blood is centrifuged to create a concentrate of pure platelets and plasma. The growth factors in this part of your blood promote your body’s natural healing process.
These growth factors found in PRP induce collagen and elastin production, which is a natural process contributing to healthy, vibrant, youthful skin.
The PRP Facial Procedure
During the procedure, numbing cream will be applied to the face and areas of treatment. Once you are well-numbed, your physician will either inject the PRP or microneedle your skin, depending on the treatment chosen. If you pursue the latter treatment, topical PRP will be applied to the micro-needling sites. After the PRP has been injected or applied into your skin, the body’s natural healing process will begin.
PRP Facials by the Numbers:
- 14 million minimally-invasive cosmetic procedures were performed in 2017
- 8 million total cosmetic procedures were performed in 2017
- Over 740,000 microdermabrasion (micro-needling) procedures were performed in 2017, with nearly 600,000 performed on women
Considering these statistics, cosmetic procedures are highly sought out by men and women alike. NuWays MD patients in Boca Raton and beyond often benefit from many types of minimally-cosmetic procedures involving the use of PRP.